The 1903 Charles and Martha Brown House was built by The mission of SHF was always to create a
one of Stayton’s most prominent business families. The community gathering space where new
Browns lived in the house until after Charles’ death in 1925. memories can be made. Now that the first
Then it was Stayton’s first Hospital from 1928-1939 with at floor is essentially finished, the space is
least 106 babies born there. The house was owned the longest available for use for parties, business
by the Weddle Family between 1949 and 1987. meetings, pop-up stores and shows, and
Today we are fortunate enough to have the exterior and special community events.
first floor restored, and we have the collections of Ernst Lau, For more information about our facilities
noted Stayton Historian, and photos from the Brown Family and rates see EVENT RENTALS
depicting life in the early 1900’s.
For more History of the house, see HISTORY OF BROWN HOUSE