Brown House is open for tours the second Sunday of each month from noon to 2pm.
The mission of SHF was always to create a community gathering space where new memories can be made. Now that the first floor is essentially finished, it is available for use for parties, business meetings, pop-up stores and shows, and special community events.
For more information about our facilities and rates see EVENT RENTALS
The 1903 Charles and Martha Brown House was built by one of Stayton’s most prominent business families. The Browns lived in the house until after Charles’ death in 1925. Then it was Stayton’s first Hospital from 1928-1939 with at least 106 babies born there. The house was owned the longest by the Weddle Family between 1949 and 1987. Today we are fortunate enough to have the exterior and first floor restored, and we have the collections of Ernst Lau, noted Stayton Historian, and photos from the Brown Family depicting life in the early 1900’s.
For more History of the house, see HISTORY OF BROWN HOUSE